Osceola Christian School for the Arts (OCSA) seeks an art teacher with a creative and dynamic personality. Specifically, OCSA is seeking an individual with emphasized experience in theater and performance. The grade range of students is from Middle School and above.
Art teachers have a major part in helping their students understand art and to make them like it. They also help the students develop their artistic skills if they wish to stand out as artists in the field they choose. Art teachers must have a lot of patience and be flexible. Apart from extensive knowledge in art, a teacher must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to interact and have a successful collaboration with students and co-teachers.
Please provide an art portfolio if available.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a safe environment for students
- Establish, develop and implement art – including theater and performance curriculum and course materials for each year
- Explain different art elements
- Teach students how to express themselves through art
- Teach and demonstrate various techniques and methods of painting, sketching, designing, sculpting, acting, etc.
- Evaluate and grade art students
- Provide necessary support and meet student’s instructional needs
- Assist and provide the school administration in preparing art classes
- Organize contests, art exhibitions, and theater performances
- Organize parent’s meetings to solve any student’s problems
- Organize visits to museums, art galleries, and similar field trips
Qualifications and Skills
- Creativity and imagination
- Extensive knowledge in art history
- Experience with theater and performance
- Experience in pursuing various types of art projects
- Excellent teaching skills
- Flexibility with sudden changes made within the classroom
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to assist and support students
- Organizational skills and time management
- Responsible, attentive, and patient