Eagle Pride Military Academy Job Description
Senior Naval Science Instructor (SNSI) and Commanding Officerof Naval Sea Cadet Corps (NSCC) Program
Instructors must be committed to fostering innovative, project-based learning centered on student participation and problem-solving. Instructors will model excellence in personal responsibility and a commitment to lifelong learning. The SNSIs shall perform those duties pursuant to current regulations, policies, and procedures as established by the United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps (NSCC) and the Eagle Pride Military Academy (EPMA).
- Serving as Commanding Officer of the (NSCC) program
- Teaching the prescribed lessons for the NSCC curriculum
- Instructing in military drill, traditions, customs, and courtesies
- Counseling students in the NSCC program and mentoring cadets with higher education and employment opportunities
- Requisitioning furnished equipment including uniforms, training aids, books, drill and air rifles, and other military/training equipment as specified by the NSCC
- Arranging for procurement, cleaning and tailoring of uniforms for all personnel
- Ensuring proper physical security and inventory of all furnished equipment/materials.
- Planning extracurricular activities for the NSCC unit (including color/honor guard ceremonies, drill and rifle teams, competitive meets, locally-arranged training, field trips, basic leadership training, advanced training, etc.)
- Reporting to NSCC Regional Director in the chain of command on all matters concerning NSCC programming, procedures, policies
- Preparing periodic reports on program administration and logistics as directed by EPMA and NSCC.
- Assessing unit progress to assure NSCC program objectives are met.
- Directing paid and/or volunteer staff in all administrative, personnel, training, supply and medical standards as directed by the NSCC Regional Director
- Maintaining and adhering to all NSCC regulations, policies, and procedures
- Attending NSCC sponsored training and activities to keep abreast of current requirements of program management
- Taking courses of instruction to improve teaching abilities
- Making annual presentations of the NSCC program to students at the feeder schools for the purpose of recruiting new cadets in the program as ninth graders.
- Administering physical readiness test (PRT) to all cadet/officer personnel
- Delivering several recognition events for cadets throughout the year
- Assisting with fundraising events as directed
- Maintaining financial accounts of operating budget pertaining to NSCC
- Establishing contact with civic groups to obtain their recognition and support of the NSCC program.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Have at least 15 holding several billets in a command capacity years of active duty service in the US Navy, Marine Corp, or Coast Guard as commissioned officers in grades W-2 through O-6.
- Be retired or Fleet Reserve status not more than 5 years or have been approved within the past 5 years under the Temporary Early Retirement Authority (TERA) with 15 years of active duty service in the NAVY or
- Be retired Naval Reserve/Marine/Coast Guard member who is not yet receiving retirement benefits or
- Have been approved for retirement benefits from the US NAVY, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard for a medical disability within the past 5 years.
- Pass the NSCC administered PRT on an annual basis
- Experience in the use of educational technology
- Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills
- Willingness to serve as a mentor to EPMA students
- Serve within the NSCC chain of command reporting to and taking direction from NSCC regional Director on all cadet matters
- Certification and past experience in First Aid, CPR, military service or any First Responder agencies (Fire, Police, EMT, etc.) preferred.
- Ability to work in a non-traditional flexible schedule with occasional week-ends for military events.
- Organizational skills to create and administer several advanced and locally-arranged trainings throughout the winter break and summer months
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Competitive Wage Package
- Paid School Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement Opportunities Available
- Staff Bonus Opportunities Available