Job Duties and Tasks for: "Janitor and Cleaner"
Duties include but are not limited to:
- 1) Clean building floors common areas by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- 2) Gather and empty trash.
- 3) Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- 4) Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- 5) Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours, setting alarm and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- 6) Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- 7) Trim shrubbery, and clear debris from grounds. Police outside area and pick up all trash.
- 8) Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems, including all vehicles and contact school’s mechanic when necessary.
- 09) Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
- 10) Spray insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect infestation.
- 11) Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- 12) Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- 13) Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- 14) Make adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- 15) Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- 16) Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
- 17) Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
- 18) Clean and restore building interiors holes in walls with plaster and sand.
- 19) Clean laboratory equipment, such as glassware and metal instruments, using solvents, brushes, rags, and power cleaning equipment.
- 20) Drive vehicles required to perform or travel to cleaning work, including vans, industrial trucks, or industrial vacuum cleaners. Also check all fluid levels including oil, transmission, water, etc.
- 21) Good attitude, work hard, follow instruction, and don’t complain.